Welcome to A2Z Montessori Australia
Montessori learning equipment supplies and imaginative, inspiring and creative educational toys.
Cylinder Block NO.1
Dementia Alzheimers Aged Care Activities Montessori Cylinder Block NO.1Educational Resource Equipment
The Knobbed Cylinder Block activity is designed to support visual discrimination of size.
Cylinder Block No. 1: The cylinders, from left to right, remain constant in height (5.5cm) while diameter varies from thick to thin (5.5cm to 1cm).
Work with the Cylinder block supports visual discrimination and concentration.
The purpose of this material:-
-Visual discrimination of dimensions.
- Coordination of the fingers used to hold pen or pencil pencil.
- Refinement of voluntary movement. The person will be able to fit the cylinders with one precise movement.
Suggested Lesson Presentation for Cylinder Block No.1:-
1. First show the person how to carry the block of cylinders to the table with both hands holding the ends of the block.
2. Sit beside the person and place one cylinder block in front of the them. Remove the cylinders from the block by holding the knobs with three fingers (called the pencil grip), starting from the largest to the smallest. Remove each cylinder from the block and place it in front of the respective socket that it was removed from.
3. After a short pause, put the cylinders back into their respective sockets, starting from largest to the smallest. You may invite the person to help from the 3rd cylinder onwards. The exercise is done without letting the cylinders fall and without making too much noise.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 but place the cylinders at random when removed from the sockets. The person will have to search for the correct socket to place back the cylinders.
5. Language can be introduced with each block to identify dimension by taking the first and the last cylinder of the block and speaking to the person: "thick..... thin"
Each block can be used on its own or together with the other blocks.
Write a review / your experience using Cylinder Block NO.1 :
|A2Z Montessori Australia, 5-6/50 Gateway Drive, Noosaville QLD 4566
Contact Hani on firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: 1300-723-725 or 07 5449 9825
|Used expressions: Cylinder Block NO.1 Dementia Alzheimers Aged Care Activities Montessori Cylinder Block NO.1Educational Resource Equipment|
|« Back to A2Z Montessori Australia Products - Demetia & Aged Care|