Welcome to A2Z Montessori Australia
Montessori learning equipment supplies and imaginative, inspiring and creative educational toys.
Knobbed Cylinder Blocks Set - Beechwood
Dementia Alzheimers Aged Care Activities Montessori Knobbed Cylinder Blocks Set - Beechwood Education Resource Equipment
The Knobbed Cylinder Block Set is designed to support visual discrimination of size. The set contains 4 blocks, each containing 10 cylinders with knobs, each cylinder fitting into its respective hole. Variations in dimension are offered within each block:-
Block 1: The cylinders, from left to right, remain constant in height (5.5cm) while diameter varies from thick to thin (5.5cm to 1cm).
Block 2: The cylinders, from left to right, vary in height from tall to short (5.5cm-1cm) as well as diameter from thick to thin (5.5cm-1cm).
Block 3: The cylinders, from left to right, vary in height from short to tall (1cm-5.5cm) and in diameter from thick to thin (5.5cm-1cm)
Block 4: The cylinders remain constant in diameter (5.5cm) while height varies from tall to short (5.5cm-1cm).
Purpose of this material:-
-Visual discrimination of dimensions.
- Coordination of the fingers used to hold pen or pencil pencil.
- Refinement of voluntary movement. The person will be able to fit the cylinders with one precise movement.
Suggested Lesson Presentation for each block:-
1. First show the person how to carry the block of cylinders to the table with both hands holding the ends of the block.
2. Sit beside the person and place one cylinder block in front of the them. Remove the cylinders from the block by holding the knobs with three fingers (called the pencil grip), starting from the largest to the smallest. Remove each cylinder from the block and place it in front of the respective socket that it was removed from.
3. After a short pause, put the cylinders back into their respective sockets, starting from largest to the smallest. You may invite the person to help from the 3rd cylinder onwards. The exercise is done without letting the cylinders fall and without making too much noise.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 but place the cylinders at random when removed from the sockets. The person will have to search for the correct socket to place back the cylinders.
5. Language can be introduced with each block to identify dimension by taking the first and the last cylinder of each block and speaking to the person with the following terminology:
Block 1:"thick, thin" Block 2: "tall & thick, short & thin"
Block 3: "short & thick, tall & thin" Block 4: "tall, short"
6. When the presentation is finished ask the person to return the block of cylinders to the shelves, holding the block with two hands at both ends.
7. Suggest to the person that now that they know how to use the cylinder block they can return to practice with it in the same way by themselves whenever they want to.
8. If you notice the person struggling at any time sit beside them and repeat the process above according to their needs.
Write a review / your experience using Knobbed Cylinder Blocks Set - Beechwood :
|A2Z Montessori Australia, 5-6/50 Gateway Drive, Noosaville QLD 4566
Contact Hani on email@example.com
phone: 1300-723-725 or 07 5449 9825
|Used expressions: Knobbed Cylinder Blocks Set - Beechwood Dementia Alzheimers Aged Care Activities Montessori Knobbed Cylinder Blocks Set - Beechwood Education Resource Equipment|
|« Back to A2Z Montessori Australia Products - Demetia & Aged Care|